Sunday, June 21

Is this your better half?


I was down at Walmart with my dad and we were talking to this Indian guy... Okay, I call him an Indian guy, but when I said this to my dad he said... "Did he look Indian?" I said.. "He was selling Indian stuff." So he replies... "Well he wasn't Indian." I still don't believe him, but that isn't the point. So everyone that knows my dad knows he looks super young and so the "Indian" guy asked my dad, referring to me, "Is this your better half?" And it took me a minute to figure out what he meant - my dad caught right on - he thought I was his wife. Now that's fine, it didn't really bothered me I was thinking something else... That is the cutest way in the world to refer to someones wife as the better half. I decided that I want that. I want to make sure I am the best person I can be so when I do have a husband I will be his better half. I can make sure I have everything he is lacking and improve him at the same time. I can't think of anything better than to be fully committed to making someone happy and a better person for your whole life. I mean, if I found a perfect guy who didn't need improving that'd be awesome too! But now I have a goal...
I will aspire to be my husbands better half, or at least try my best to partly deserve the phrase. I just want to be a wonderful wife.

That's my point of view for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment